As the weather is starting to get nicer, barbecue season is right around the corner and there’s one thing you can’t forget to bring, cheese!
Whether is a summer themed charcuterie board or a light pizza appetizer, Lactalis has got you covered for barbecue season.
Lactalis is a third-generation family-owned business that was founded in France and has been in the United Stated since the 1980s. Since the beginning of expansion in 1955, Lactalis is now the #1 dairy company in the world!
Offering two, billion dollar cheese brands; Galbani, sold in 150 countires and Président, sold in 120 countries, Lactalis uses local milk at each of their production facilities to make the product you know and love.
The Présidents brand offers amazing specialty cheeses like the Président Feta Crumbles. With superior texture and taste known for in-brine Feta, Président Feta delivers convenience in a no-brine cheese that will bring out the best in bright summer dishes. Not only is this cheese perfect for topping salads, but Présidents Feta Crumbles are also perfect for toping a Mediterranean pizza or adding to your summer charcuterie board.
Galbani is another one of Lactalis’ specialty cheese brands offering exceptional taste, texture and performance in Italian cheeses. Galbani Premio Shred is a must when it comes to toping pizzas, but it can be showcased in many other ways! From Galbani Garden Fresh Lasagna to Donatella’s Famous Stuffed Meatballs featuring Galbani Cheese, the versatility is endless.
If you are looking for a light, flavor infused pizza for this summer, see the recipe below for a Mediterranean pizza that incorporates Lactalis’ Président Feta Crumbles and Galbani Premio Mozzerella Shred,
- 16 oz. Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Galbani Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup Président Feta, crumbled
- 4-6 Brussel sprouts, halved
- ¼ cup Roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Tuscan kale
- 1/3 Gaeta olive, pitted and halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher sale and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Roll out pizza dough into oblong shape.
- Spread layer of shredded Mozzarella. Spread ½ cup of Feta on top.
- Coat a sauté pan over high heat with 1 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to pan and cook halfway through until they start to caramelize. Remove and place on pizza.
- Spread roasted red pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, Tuscan kale and olives evenly on pizza. Add remaining Feta on top.
- Drizzle pizza with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook pizza until cheese is melted and vegetables are softened and slightly caramelized.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes to taste and serve.
Making award winning cheese takes a lot of energy, but Emmi Roth is aiming to make it clean.
Environment. Economics. Society. These are the three pillars of Emmi Roth’s corporate commitment of doing dairy the right way. By measuring the impacts of their company, they create ambitious goals to become a better part of this world. Since sustainability cannot be achieved alone, Emmi is building stable internal and external networks to ensure they have the best knowledge of how sustainability can become an even more effective part of our everyday lives.
Greenhouse Gas NET-ZERO BY 2050
By 2027 Emmi Roth is cutting 50% of the waste generated that goes to the landfill. To achieve this goal they have already begun making efforts to reduce packaging and raw materials waste in production. Committed to recycling as many products and supplies as possible, Emmi’s by products such as whey breathes a second life and is recycled to their best ability!
Recycled Packaging by 2027
Not only will Emmi Roth’s packaging be completely recyclable, they are working to have 30% of their packaging created from recycled materials!
Water 15% Savings
Since sustainable water is crucial to our world and necessary for their industry, Emmi Roth will reduce their water consumption by 15% and involve the entire value chain to continue to reduce consumption. By using designated teams, Emmi is identifying opportunities and collaborating to ensure they find answers.
Employees MOST VALUABLE ASSET
The foundation of Emmi Roth’s success is their employees. All employees are offered development targets to help them define their vision of how their professional future should look. Emmi Roth’s long-term survival depends on dedicated employees with the right skills and abilities for today and for the future!