Mascarpone is known as the “Italian Cream Cheese.” This high-fat cheese is produced like yogurt, by adding a culture to the cream of cow’s milk. Mascarpone has a naturally sweet taste that makes it popular in desserts. Its soft and creamy texture, comparable to a thick whipped cream, makes it easy to spread.
- Acts as a key ingredient in tiramisu.
- Whip mascarpone cream and bake it as a filling inside cream puffs, tartlets or almond-paste tubes.
- Stir into tomato soup.
- Mix with parmesan in penne.
- Blend with yogurt, herbs, garlic and seasoning to make salad dressing.
- Combine with eggs and sugar to make a cream sauce for fruit salad.